Kerry spanks Bush

Old October 1st 04, 04:24 AM
MJL

Default Kerry spanks Bush

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

What I did find interesting is that the audience did not clap at all
during the debate (at least I didn't hear it). Usually during debates
like this the audience will get involved and I'm wondering how they
were kept so quiet.

--
http://www.texansfortruth.org/
Old October 1st 04, 04:34 AM
John Hanson

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 03:24:37 GMT, MJL wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

I'm partial but I think Bush won that debate.

What I did find interesting is that the audience did not clap at all
during the debate (at least I didn't hear it). Usually during debates
like this the audience will get involved and I'm wondering how they
were kept so quiet.

They are not allowed to make any noise whatsoever during the debate.
This is the case with all Presidential debates.

Old October 1st 04, 04:48 AM
John M. Williams

John Hanson wrote:
MJL wrote:

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

I'm partial but I think Bush won that debate.

What I did find interesting is that the audience did not clap at all
during the debate (at least I didn't hear it). Usually during debates
like this the audience will get involved and I'm wondering how they
were kept so quiet.

They are not allowed to make any noise whatsoever during the debate.
This is the case with all Presidential debates.

Lehrer said they would remain "absolutely silent," which surprised me,
particularly with some of the agitators that have appears at some
rallies. I did catch a couple of quiet rises of chuckling when
somebody said something cute, but nothing else. I suspect they were
warned that one peep will get your ass forcibly thrown out. Still, I
was impressed by the fact that nobody popped off.
Old October 1st 04, 05:19 AM
Lee Michaels

"John M. Williams" wrote

Lehrer said they would remain "absolutely silent," which surprised me,
particularly with some of the agitators that have appears at some
rallies. I did catch a couple of quiet rises of chuckling when
somebody said something cute, but nothing else. I suspect they were
warned that one peep will get your ass forcibly thrown out. Still, I
was impressed by the fact that nobody popped off.

With all the firepower and security present, I wouldn't feel safe farting in
such a setting.

Old October 1st 04, 06:21 AM
fj

There is a 32-page guideline both parties try to get everyone follow,
including host, Broadcast company, camera, temperature, the distance between
Bush and Kerry, stc. I guess audience is well chosen and well-trained.

fj

Old October 1st 04, 07:02 AM
dwacon

"MJL" wrote in message
Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

What I did find interesting is that the audience did not clap at all
during the debate (at least I didn't hear it). Usually during debates
like this the audience will get involved and I'm wondering how they
were kept so quiet.

Jon Stewart's Daily Show got some good laughs off of the debate.

--
Six Scents
http://tinyurl.com/4hfm2

Old October 1st 04, 09:19 AM
John HUDSON

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 04:19:44 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"John M. Williams" wrote

Lehrer said they would remain "absolutely silent," which surprised me,
particularly with some of the agitators that have appears at some
rallies. I did catch a couple of quiet rises of chuckling when
somebody said something cute, but nothing else. I suspect they were
warned that one peep will get your ass forcibly thrown out. Still, I
was impressed by the fact that nobody popped off.

With all the firepower and security present, I wouldn't feel safe farting in
such a setting.

Unless your "upset tummy" has recovered Lee, my advice to you is to
forego "farting" for the foreseeable future ere real disaster befalls
you!! ;o)

Have a great weekend - you just know I will!! ;o)

TFIF!!
Old October 1st 04, 12:51 PM
DRS

"John Hanson" wrote in message

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 03:24:37 GMT, MJL wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

I'm partial but I think Bush won that debate.

You're insane. Kerry ate Bush for breakfast.

--

"Self-delusion as a coping tool has always been a fairly useful strategy for
me."

Old October 1st 04, 02:24 PM
Jay

"DRS" wrote in message
"John Hanson" wrote in message

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 03:24:37 GMT, MJL wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

I'm partial but I think Bush won that debate.

You're insane. Kerry ate Bush for breakfast.

Let's look for a poll, shall we?
Bush supporters, who won?
Anti Bush folks, who won?

As with most debates, if not all, your chosen candidate won the debate.

Find us a strong Bush supporter that comes out and says, "despite my
allegience to President Bush, I have to take my hat off to Kerry because
what he said when he said clearly marked him as a winner in this debate"

Kerry supporter, "I love John Kerry, but the nod goes to the resident."

Debate "victories" are subjective. No one wins.

Old October 1st 04, 02:54 PM
Donovan Rebbechi

On 2004-10-01, Jay wrote:

"DRS" wrote in message
"John Hanson" wrote in message

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 03:24:37 GMT, MJL wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

Actually I thought each man did what they do pretty well. Kerry did
the smart policy-wonk thing and Bush did the down-home Texan chasing
the "evildoers" thing.

I'm partial but I think Bush won that debate.

You're insane. Kerry ate Bush for breakfast.

Let's look for a poll, shall we?
Bush supporters, who won?
Anti Bush folks, who won?

The best measure of "who won", and ultimately the only one that counts, is
who gains the most from this.

In this sense, the debate was always an opportunity for Kerry to put his side
of the story in plain English. He did exactly what he needed to do in that
debate, and I think that's going to give him a boost in the polls. I don't
think Bush lost anything -- ok, he looked like a stuttering moron, but that's
not news, so it doesn't cost him unless he makes a serious gaffe.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/