Is there anyone NOT getting in on the act???

Old October 4th 04, 07:04 PM
Will Brink

Default Is there anyone NOT getting in on the act???

Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

BOCA RATON, Fla., Sep 29, 2004 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Steven Seagal
now can add "nutritional bar formulator" to a list of talents that
already includes veteran actor, singer/songwriter, guitarist, and Aikido
black belt. Maintaining an unrelenting schedule that would tire younger
entrepreneurs, the 53-year-old Seagal has just completed two movies,
"Into the Sun" and "Submerged." His album, Songs from the Crystal Cave,
released earlier this year, has already hit the pop charts in Europe.

Pure Force Energy Bar(TM) is the result of Seagal's travels in Asia in
search of the ingredients believed to keep many locals disease-free for
life. Seagal says he discovered the Tibetan goji berry while researching
antioxidants in Mongolia. The goji berry is a staple of the Tibetan
diet, and has been used by local physicians in herbal medicines for
thousands of years. Chemical analysis shows that this berry fortifies
the immune system with powerful antioxidants. The goji berry also
contains a high concentration of branched chain amino acids,
beta-carotene, and other factors.

"I have traveled the world creating this bar; there is none better,"
says Seagal, who lived in Tibet and Japan in the 1960s and 1970s while
learning Buddhism and martial arts. "I have included in this bar
everything I could to strengthen the body." Seagal adds that Pure Force
Energy Bar also includes 15 grams of protein, 17 vitamins and minerals,
calcium, iron, ginseng, and even green tea.

The actor, an adherent of Buddhism and the first westerner to open a
dojo (martial arts school) in Japan, says he originally intended to
manufacture the bar for his own use, but those around him wanted to know
his secret. When asked how he was able to include so many ingredients
and keep the bar at only 170 calories, Seagal joked, "It is a nice big
bar, but then, I'm not known for doing anything small. I have an
all-or-nothing attitude."

Mr. Seagal has partnered with an experienced sales and marketing team
led by Mitch Gould to form Steven Seagal Enterprises, which will
distribute Pure Force to mass-market retailers. "I have known Steven for
years," says Mitch Gould, vice president of SSE. "I was excited when he
asked me to manage the international distribution of the bars."

Can the market handle another nutritional bar? Gould comments, "The
feedback we are getting from buyers is phenomenal. The low-carb category
has passed its peak and some of the low-carb products are not doing as
well. Buyers want something different to replace them, and this is
certainly different."

Pure Force Energy bar comes in two flavors, Chocolate Fudge and
Chocolate Peanut Butter. To entice consumers the initial product launch
will include a free DVD of the video "The Path Beyond Thought" inside
every box. Additional products to this energy line are already in the
works.

Pure Force Energy Bar is manufactured in the U.S. It is expected to hit
stores in the first quarter of 2005.

Source:
Steven Seagal Enterprises

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Old October 4th 04, 07:47 PM
Lee Michaels

"Will Brink" wrote

[...]

But, what we all want to know is.........,

Can this new nurtitional bar ACT??

Cuz Mr Seagal sure as hell can't.

Old October 4th 04, 07:53 PM
Proton Soup

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:04:24 -0400, Will Brink
wrote:

Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

But will it make me run like a girl ?

-----------
Proton Soup

"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum."
Old October 4th 04, 09:23 PM
Mick R.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...

[...]

What were those flavours? Sawdust and Ham?

Old October 5th 04, 03:44 AM
elzinator

wrote:

Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

But will it make me run like a girl ?

Only if you wear high heels

(jpgs please

Beelzibub

"Modern man must rediscover a deeper source of his own spiritual life. To do this,he is obligated
to struggle with evil, to confront his own shadow, to integrate the devil."
- Carl Jung
Old October 5th 04, 03:56 AM
Proton Soup

wrote:

Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

But will it make me run like a girl ?

Only if you wear high heels

Only if it's stilletto heels. The blocky ones aren't pretty at all.

(jpgs please

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
moment and flutter his feet.

-----------

Old October 5th 04, 08:45 AM
John HUDSON

wrote:

Oh my head....

Steven Seagal Launches Pure Force Energy Bar to Retailers
2004-09-30 - Steven Seagal Enterprises

Nutrition bar harnesses the antioxidant goji berry from Tibet

But will it make me run like a girl ?

Only if you wear high heels

Only if it's stilletto heels. The blocky ones aren't pretty at all.

(jpgs please

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
moment and flutter his feet.

I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
political correctness.

Old October 5th 04, 05:51 PM
Johnny

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:45:56 +0100, John HUDSON
wrote:

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
moment and flutter his feet.

I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
political correctness.

You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
knee stride element.

Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....

Old October 5th 04, 05:55 PM
Donovan Rebbechi

On 2004-10-05, Proton Soup wrote:

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl?

How tall is he ? Tall guys tend to have awkward running gaits. In contrast,
one movie actor who can run is shorty Tom Cruise (e.g. in "the firm")

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
Old October 5th 04, 08:42 PM
John HUDSON

wrote:

Oh, come on! Am I the only one here that thinks Segal runs like a
girl? And you know what I mean, I saw him in some movie once and he
practically pranced along with his arms outstretched downward like
some ballerina. I thought he was going to spring into the air any
moment and flutter his feet.

I find this comment sexist and offensive. Please think carefully
before denigrating women, contrary to all the admirable rules of
political correctness.

You had forgottent the "tuck in the elbows at the hips" and knock-
knee stride element.

Little Stevey Segal must have had a tough time as a kid.....

He certainly has glaring physical faults if you're being picky, but
when he starts whacking them they go down like sacks of ****. He is
great entertainment and is a great deal more plausible than little
Chucky Norris!! ;o)