Outer chest / lats

Old November 22nd 04, 07:06 PM
Felix Oscar

Default Outer chest / lats

In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pi37iq3_photo0

Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?
I was never clear about the lats, which are lower back muscles,
wrapping around to the front of the bod.
Old November 22nd 04, 07:22 PM
Lee Michaels

"Felix Oscar" wrote

http://www.bartleby.com/107/122.html

http://www.bartleby.com/107/121.html

Old November 22nd 04, 07:53 PM
Rob Andrews

Funny. I kind of get too much of this "outer chest" from my chest routine,
and maybe not enough "inner chest"! I mean I'm not huge or anything, but the
relative gains I see tend to slightly favour the outer areas. FWIW, I do
mainly bench presses, often with a wider-than shoulder grip, weighted dips
(love these!), pullovers and the occassional session on the pec-deck
machine.

Rob.

Old November 22nd 04, 09:22 PM
Watson Davis

(Felix Oscar) wrote in
om:

In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...tos_ts_afp/041
122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0

That's a pec.

Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?

No.

I was never clear about the lats,

Obviously.

which are lower back muscles,
wrapping around to the front of the bod.

They don't do that.

Go he
http://www.exrx.net and look at the pictures of the muscles. Figure out
which muscle you're wanting to work. And then look at some of the
exercises that work that muscle.

Also, go he
http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
Select the muscle you want to work on, and take a look at some of the
exercises that work that muscle.

Good luck.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis
Old November 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
Pat Styles

"Watson Davis" wrote in message
2.213...
(Felix Oscar) wrote in
om:

In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...tos_ts_afp/041
122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0

That's a pec.

Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?

No.

I was never clear about the lats,

Obviously.

which are lower back muscles,
wrapping around to the front of the bod.

They don't do that.

Well, technically they do. Of course, afaik, it's really just the connective
tissue at that point, but I believe it does insert on the front of the upper
arm. Sorry if I upset your strategy of misinformation. :-)
ps

bench press on chest days, it exhausts my triceps more than my chest - what should I do? NotGiven Weights 7 August 14th 04 05:51 PM
DC Training (long) T-REx Weights 24 November 15th 03 02:19 AM
Proper bench press technique Ted Theodoropoulos Weights 52 September 19th 03 07:11 PM
Best chest exercise - not seeeing any gains Blade Weights 9 September 16th 03 10:03 PM
Chest without Triceps? Topspin Weights 8 July 17th 03 07:24 PM