Can I workout after I get a flu shot?

Old November 23rd 04, 09:22 PM
Ali Syed

Default Can I workout after I get a flu shot?

I am planning on getting a flu shot and was wondering if I can workout
the same day or do I need a rest period?

Are there any issues with working out and the flu shot?

Thanks

Ali
Old November 23rd 04, 09:48 PM
JayB

"Ali Syed" wrote in message
om...
I am planning on getting a flu shot and was wondering if I can workout
the same day or do I need a rest period?

Are there any issues with working out and the flu shot?

Shouldn't be any. When I was in the Army I'd get my flu shot in the morning,
go do an hour of physical training and running and then eat breakfast. It
never affected me in a bad way.

--
JayB

Old November 23rd 04, 10:46 PM
Dally

Ali Syed wrote:
I am planning on getting a flu shot and was wondering if I can workout
the same day or do I need a rest period?

Are there any issues with working out and the flu shot?

Thanks

Ali

Seeing as how you have to be over aged 75 or in ill health to receive a
flu shot, my suggestion is that you not strain yourself. Or consult
with your physician.

Dally, bitter 'cuz she can't get one

Old November 24th 04, 01:53 AM
Steve Freides

"Ali Syed" wrote in message
om...
I am planning on getting a flu shot and was wondering if I can workout
the same day or do I need a rest period?

Are there any issues with working out and the flu shot?

It depends. Some people get what feels like a slight case of the flu
after they get a flu shot. That happened to me this year - felt a
little achy for almost two weeks, actually. Not to mention the arm was
sore for a few days. For anyone curious, I and my entire family earned
our flu shots because I've had flu that turned into pneumonia the last
two winters, the first of which nearly killed me. History of asthma,
severe allergies, etc.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Thanks

Ali

Old November 24th 04, 06:04 AM
Ryan Jackson

Actually, you don't have to always meet these requirements to get the
Flu shot, also Ali could be outside the US.

Old November 24th 04, 01:27 PM
Dally

Steve Freides wrote:
For anyone curious, I and my entire family earned
our flu shots because I've had flu that turned into pneumonia the last
two winters, the first of which nearly killed me. History of asthma,
severe allergies, etc.

That's my history, as well, but I couldn't get one. Oh, plus I work
face to face with the Great-Unwashed Public during flu season. I've
gotten one every year since my near-death episode. I'm quite uneasy
about not being able to get one. And ****ed off. I called the health
center and asked if I could get the Flu-Mist version and they said they
never ordered it [and don't intend to just because I'm asking.] Damn,
this ****es me off that we're left flapping in the breeze like this!

Dally

Old November 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Ali Syed

Dally wrote in message ...
Seeing as how you have to be over aged 75 or in ill health to receive a
flu shot, my suggestion is that you not strain yourself. Or consult
with your physician.

Dally, bitter 'cuz she can't get one

Well some of us live in Canada (where the flu shot is in ample supply
and is free to all citizens...God Bless Canada).

Ali
Old November 24th 04, 02:31 PM
Ali Syed

Ryan Jackson wrote in message . com...
Actually, you don't have to always meet these requirements to get the
Flu shot, also Ali could be outside the US.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that there are people who don't live
in the USA but actually live in the rest of the world and read this
fantastic usenet group (even though I am just North of most of you
(Canada) - or South if you live in Alaska)

Actually I know of many Americans who have crossed the border recently
to get the flu shot ($30 CDN for non-residents) and many more who
routinely by their persecriptions at local pharmacies.....it's always
in the news here.....

Ali

Old November 24th 04, 02:43 PM
Lee Michaels

"Ali Syed" wrote in message
om...
Ryan Jackson wrote in message

. com...
Actually, you don't have to always meet these requirements to get the
Flu shot, also Ali could be outside the US.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that there are people who don't live
in the USA but actually live in the rest of the world and read this
fantastic usenet group (even though I am just North of most of you
(Canada) - or South if you live in Alaska)

Actually I know of many Americans who have crossed the border recently
to get the flu shot ($30 CDN for non-residents) and many more who
routinely by their persecriptions at local pharmacies.....it's always
in the news here.....

Well, Canada IS probably starved for good news stories.

And us Yanks make for good news stories.

And finger pointing and gossip.....

Hardgainer Bodybuilding & Weightlifting FAQ Rolo&Maria Weights 30 December 29th 04 09:32 PM
New and Fun Jim Weights 181 October 5th 04 12:16 AM
post your workout ChronoFish Triathalon 2 April 29th 04 04:20 PM
Being an essay on endurance weeniedom and training Lyle McDonald Weights 40 September 12th 03 12:35 AM
Build Muscle and Loose Fat FA Weights 162 August 5th 03 02:02 AM