Inspire me, MFW!

Old November 25th 04, 04:24 PM
Matt Shepherd

Default Inspire me, MFW!

Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago -- and
I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
off.

And sometime in the interim, apparently, this NG became
misc.policitcal.jibbajabba. I'm a raging lefty, but I usually manage to keep
it to myself... what the heck is up with you guys?

But that's beside the point.

Anyone have any quick links to some really good kick-ass stick-to-the-plan
stupid little texts? I know it sounds like self-help wimpy crap, but I'm
just getting back into the swing of things after a long time unable to do
much, and I really need some motivation. I'm thinking of dropping some
things on index-card sized pieces of paper to tape to the monitor at work,
the fridge at home, the bathroom mirror, yadda yadda yadda.

If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm all
ears.

- Matt

Old November 25th 04, 05:13 PM
John Hanson

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:24:25 -0500, "Matt Shepherd"
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago -- and
I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
off.

Green Party activist, eh?

Old November 25th 04, 06:20 PM
Matt Shepherd

"John Hanson" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:24:25 -0500, "Matt Shepherd"
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago --

and
I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
off.

Green Party activist, eh?

LOL!

No, just broke.

- Matt

Old November 25th 04, 07:31 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Matt Shepherd wrote:

If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm all
ears.

I'm kind of an mfw newbie here but I think I can give a good general
motivational mfw-style message:

Butch the **** up!

Neil

Old November 25th 04, 11:00 PM
Denis

If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm
all
ears.

I'm more visual - tape the Carmen Electra swim suit picutre or something on
your fridge.
Denis

Old December 2nd 04, 05:21 AM
Axel of the North!

just wtf does that **** have to do with constructive motivation?
Old December 2nd 04, 11:37 PM
Larisa

Not sure about texts, but I think pictures would be better. Or
measurements. Any kind of indication of the progress you're making.