fwiw: Back is better

Old December 2nd 04, 05:15 AM
Brian Link

Default fwiw: Back is better

A week and a half after throwing it out, I did my first squats (with
low weight, 140lbs when PB = ~240) without incident.

1. Lots of rest
2. Naproxen immediately on Day 1
3. Lots of VitalZym - currently the only snake oil in my toolbox, cuz
it actually has had some good effect for my wife.
4. Warm packs in the morning, cold packs in the evening
5. Creatine loading, on the assumption that waterlogged muscles would
heal faster, if it was a muscle injury
6. Glucosamine, on the assumption that more fluid for cartilege would
be useful if it were a connective-tissue injury
7. Traction-type stretching, including hanging from pullup bar with 40
lbs around my hips, decline bench
8. Back-friendly exercises starting day 5
9. No more Vicodin starting day 4

At the most it's a dull ache if I sit too long.

Thought I should at least follow up.

BLink
Old December 3rd 04, 03:18 PM

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

Great! Quit smoking yet?

Old December 4th 04, 06:04 AM
Axel of the North!

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:15:50 -0600, Brian Link wrote:

[...]

make us proud, brian!
Old December 5th 04, 06:23 AM
Axel of the North!

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:49:45 GMT, Usenet Posting
wrote:

[...]

B, why are you guessing what kind of injury it is? I probably missed
the first thread but what you write seems to suggest you're guessing
at what the problem is.

If you **** around with your back, especially while it is injured, it
is gonna swing around and rape you up the ass with a dick big enough
for an elephant to feel it.

ooh.. pachyderm punishment..

The pain is pretty overwhelming, prolly
comparable only to childbirth or kidney stones.
--Brian L.