Who is right?

Old September 12th 06, 07:03 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board

Default Who is right?

I just read this guys website about bench pressing
http://www.deepsquatter.cock

He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
builds muscle but not strength

however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
arms/chest/etc)
Who is right O enlightened ones

Old September 12th 06, 07:10 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Hobbes

In article .com,
"Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board" wrote:

I just read this guys website about bench pressing
http://www.deepsquatter.cock

He says that to build strength you must bench press quickly-slowly
builds muscle but not strength

however Pavels site says the opposite-although using bodyweight ,he
says for strength training do little reps and very slowly(tensing the
arms/chest/etc)
Who is right O enlightened ones

Both of them.

You keep tension on the muscles and because of the very heavy resistance
you bench slowly. But you try and bench fast. You aren't trying to lift
slowly, even under Pavel's concept of muscular tension.

The 'speed bench' as an assistance exercise is intended to train a
myotatic stretch reflex, which increases your strength during the
amortization phase of the lift.

By lowering the weight very quickly you are creating momentum and hence
the brief muscular tension during the amortization phase is larger. When
you actually bench a 1RM you lower it slowly so you don't create
momentum.

They are really both saying much the same thing.

--
Keith
Old September 13th 06, 01:49 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
ATP*

"Hobbes" wrote in message
[...]

Except Pavel precedes it with Comrade! BTW, I didn't realize Jason was using
the coveted .cock domain extension.

Old September 13th 06, 06:52 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

ATP* wrote:
"Hobbes" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks guys-I believe the website is in the Cook Islands.