Fitness fundamentalists

Old September 21st 06, 04:57 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Neil Gendzwill

Default Fitness fundamentalists

From The Onion today:

Pectoral Muscles Targeted By Fitness Fundamentalists

September 21, 2006 | Issue 42•38

SANA'A, YEMEN—A videotaped statement shown Monday on Yemeni television
provides the most conclusive evidence yet that the Muslim bodybuilding
extremist group al-Huuruugh has acquired dumbbells from an unknown
source and could use them to target vulnerable, undeveloped muscle
groups in their pectoral region. "I call upon the world to stand witness
as I violently and repeatedly blast these pecs, purifying and rebuilding
them into a shape pleasing to Allah!" a masked, shirtless weightlifter
said in the tape, over the strains of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."
"Seven! Eight! Nine! God is great, and so are my pecs, trapezius
muscles, lower back, and abs! Thirteen! Fourteen! The great Satan Of
Flab will soon feel the burn!" State Department officials said the group
is almost certainly a danger to themselves if they do not use better
form and stretch thoroughly afterward.
Old September 21st 06, 05:02 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
NYC XYZ

Heh...I'd already posted the link about "killer workouts" once:

http://www.slate.com/id/2142772/nav/tap1/

From The Onion today: