MFW's September humor award...

Old October 1st 06, 07:47 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

Default MFW's September humor award...

Runner-up goes to Schuh for "**** YOU AND YOUR SPAM!!" while
simultaneously REposting the URL which so offended him. See:
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....da7595db70b98b
aka http://tinyurl.com/frupe

Funny.

But not nearly as funny as this month's winner's contribution of: "I
have set the new World Record !!!" See:
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....45edab9cd1870c
aka http://tinyurl.com/h93uk

Yes, there were many worthy competitors for the crown, but September's
humor award goes to Pete for his "creative use of a kettlebells" post.
Allow me to quote MFW's healthiest patron, Tom Anderson's words, "...
beyond genius lies madness, and beyond that, Pete."

An excerpt from the winning post:

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NN
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"BLOOOOOP !!!!!"

It was in! It was in !!! IT WAS IN !!!!!

I DID IT !!!! i DID IT !!!!!!!"

I AM MFW NEW HERO !!!

Pavel walked up to the mike, and began to praise me... I was very
proud.
But then, he looked at Stevie...
"I am ashamed of you !!!" he said...
/quote

Click the link for the entire post! http://tinyurl.com/h93uk )

Way to go, Petey! Way to go! You really are the MFW new hero!

--
Curt

Old October 1st 06, 08:43 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On 30 Sep 2006 23:47:46 -0700, "Curt James"
wrote:

[...]

If we are to raise the standard to Pete's manic level then we'll need
to get some of whatever Pete is on!

By the way Mr James, who appointed you as the arbiter of what is
funny? That sort of decision should be made by the Humour Committee.
Please make it so.

Have a great Sunday old chum - it's absolutely ****ing down here, but
I am still going to enjoy myself; it's what Sundays are for! ;o)
Old October 1st 06, 09:04 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

wrote:

[...]

I can't believe that Mr James just went ahead with the Humour Award without
consultation. You always said he was a loose cannon. (Mind you his choice
wasn't all that bad)

Old October 1st 06, 09:35 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:04:23 +1000, "David"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It goes without saying that Mr James has a great deal to offer, and it
is likely that he will eventually become chairman of the Humour
Committee.

However, it is inconceivable that we should return to the bad old days
when certain people just assumed they were our leaders, and took over
the day to day running of the Group.

If nothing else, MFW is today the very model of a modern democracy,
even though it may appear occasionally to be more like an Irish
Parliament.

Old October 1st 06, 09:53 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:04:23 +1000, "David"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

I think Mr James has certainly alienated the left wing and most probably the
right wing. He may still have some support among the centre left. However
the middle and anything to the right would have been greatly offended. He
may have a friend or two left in the extreme left) The thing is if he can
get the left wing and the right wing going at the same time he may take off!

Old October 1st 06, 10:04 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:53:04 +1000, "David"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I think he is predictably always the same sometimes, with no
perceptible mood swings, and gets my vote on that count alone.
Old October 1st 06, 10:08 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:53:04 +1000, "David"
wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:04:23 +1000, "David"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

I perceived that you would predict that

Old October 1st 06, 10:36 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Andrzej Rosa

Dnia 2006-10-01 Charles napisał(a):

If we are to raise the standard to Pete's manic level then we'll need
to get some of whatever Pete is on!

You mean steroids? There are some inet shops which sell this stuff.
People even suspect that they get fake things if they do not experience
some sort of emotional hiccups.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R
Old October 1st 06, 10:51 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Charles

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 09:36:20 +0000 (UTC), Andrzej Rosa
wrote:

Dnia 2006-10-01 Charles napisał(a):

If we are to raise the standard to Pete's manic level then we'll need
to get some of whatever Pete is on!

You mean steroids? There are some inet shops which sell this stuff.
People even suspect that they get fake things if they do not experience
some sort of emotional hiccups.

Pete's manic outpourings appear to be as the result of something far
more esoteric than boring old performance enhancing steroids.

Is he snorting 'coke' or smoking '****' I put forward for general
discussion? ;o)

Have a great Sunday Andrzej - I always do!
Old October 1st 06, 10:58 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

wrote:

Dnia 2006-10-01 Charles napisał(a):

If we are to raise the standard to Pete's manic level then we'll need
to get some of whatever Pete is on!

You mean steroids? There are some inet shops which sell this stuff.
People even suspect that they get fake things if they do not experience
some sort of emotional hiccups.

Pete's manic outpourings appear to be as the result of something far
more esoteric than boring old performance enhancing steroids.

Is he snorting 'coke' or smoking '****' I put forward for general
discussion? ;o)

Have a great Sunday Andrzej - I always do!

Pete just has a vivid imagination and a great sense of humour